Who Uses SchemaCrawler
Question from Users
SchemaCrawler questions from users.
- How programmers use SchemaCrawler.
- How database administrators use SchemaCrawler.
- How system administrators use SchemaCrawler.
- How software testers use SchemaCrawler.
Companies and Projects
- Recommendation from the Google Cloud Architecture Center on how to Manage a monolithic database
- Dang, T.K., Huy, T.M., Dang, L.H. et al. An Elastic Data Conversion Framework: A Case Study for MySQL and MongoDB. SN COMPUT. SCI. 2, 325 (2021).
- schemacrawler-additionnallints is maintained by Michèle Barré <Michele.Barre at GMail> and [Adrien Sales]
- The Chocolatey SchemaCrawler package is maintained by [Adrien Sales]
- The Neo4j APOC project provides a plugin for database modeling that uses SchemaCrawler to model a relational schema as a graph.
- Goldman Sachs Obevo project, a database deployment tool that handles enterprise-scale schemas
- SQLDelight from Square, Inc. uses SchemaCrawler internally
- Streamliner from phData, Inc. uses SchemaCrawler internally
- Atlassian JIRA database schema
- RedG test data generation library
- Data Platform at Zoomcar
- Relational to Neo4j Importer
- Continuous integration gates for schema design issues
- avro-schema-generator uses SchemaCrawler internally
- A large number of projects on GitHub
TIL about a project called SchemaCrawler that generates graphviz charts of a db schema by introspecting on foreign keys. 💯 would recommend— virtual dom pérignon 🧙♂️ (@jacobrothstein) September 26, 2017
use http://t.co/JFm542dT for easy working with database metadata & generation of your own code artifacts— Marek Tomáš (@marektomas) August 28, 2012
Thanks SchemaCrawler! (database schema discovery and comprehension, and schema documentation tool) http://t.co/8lV6pIB2— Claudio Bastos Iorio (@selecters75) June 28, 2012
SchemaCrawler is awesome for working with a db's metadata— Stig KleppeJørgensen (@stigkj) May 18, 2011
SchemaCrawler is an excelent tool to explore a database schema. It's a layer on top of JDBC: http://bit.ly/aVqIVZ. Give it a try.— William Chinelato (@willchinelato) April 13, 2010
Architect at Nestlé Nespresso SA: “I run a daily cron to export the content (metadata and data) of a schema, and I compare it to another reference schema to check which changes have been made to the data. The schema contains configuration values for our system (domains, ports, datasources, database connection strings, usernames…) and it’s paramount to allow all architects to change those data without losing control of what is being done. SchemaCrawler is the only tool that I found that could export both metadata and data in a predictable way, so that I can compare (diff) 2 schemas without getting false alerts.”
SchemaCrawler in the press, and in online articles and blogs.
- steph1978’s article Graph my database
- Визуализация схемы БД через утилиту schemacrawler
- João Rocha da Silva’s article How to make nice diagrams from your SQLite database
- Dan Nguyen’s article, Generating cool SQLite database diagrams with schemacrawler on Mac OS
- Buffer of My Mind on SchemaCrawler
- Maxime Werlen’s blog post on Analyse BDD avec SchemaCrawler
- Kelvin Meeks’ post on Data Governance Tools.
- Gilesey’s post on A lightweight schema diff or dump from Oracle
- Java Mon Amour’s post on SchemaCrawler for Oracle DB diff
- Pierluigi Vernetto’s post SchemaCrawler for Oracle DB Diff
- Mike Zhukovskiy’s exploration of ERD tools, Twitter ERD
- Thom Snoeren’s blog post, SchemaCrawler 1: Notes & Lint
- Thom Snoeren’s blog post, SchemaCrawler 2: Database Metadata Discovery
- Stefan Pröll’s blog post, Create an ER Diagram of an Existing SQLite Database (or many other RDBMS)
- Allison Tharp’s blog post, Using SchemaCrawler to Generate a SQLite DB Graph
- Adrien Sales’ presentation, database continuous deployment and development
- Tobias Weis’ blog, Short: Schema diagram from an existing sqlite database
- Joost Hietbrink’s article Create a database ERD in your CI/CD pipeline
- Knut Behrends’s Soccer-Database: Generating schema diagrams
- What is SchemaCrawler and Why would you need it? | by Kulasangar Gowrisangar | Geek Culture | Jul, 2021 | Medium